6 Months and Counting!

We did it! Baby Boy and I made it to 6 months breast feeding! This is such an answer to prayer. Whenever I feed him, I think about my older two and how they were on bottles of formula at this point and all I could get out of myself were a few watery droplets.

I'm happy we've made our goal and we're still breast feeding. He is eating regular foods now, mashed and watered down with water and/or breast milk. He also eats a lot at night. My best let-downs are at night. I don't mind. During the day, breast feeding is more difficult. He's easily distracted and frustrated that my let-downs are often slow in coming and weak. It's hard to just relax and breast feed when I have two older children who seem to suddenly turn into rabid monkeys as soon as baby's to breast. I often breast feed laying down during the day because my let downs seem better if I'm laying down. I'm definitely not as full chested and am in fact down two cup sizes since my milk came in. But, there's still milk there, and with the night time feedings, there's enough to keep him going. We'll see what the pediatrician says on Friday. Baby boy is not a butter ball by any means, but he's not overly thin either.

I'm not sure if we're going to make it to a full year, but we'll take it one day at a time. Thank you, Jesus for answering my prayers for being able to breast feed for 6 months!

Today is my 30th birthday, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...