A Book, other news...

My dear mother found this book for me at a second hand store. My parents have the same copy they bought at The Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown, NY. I used to peruse their copy when I was a teenager but had forgotten about the book since. Now, I have my own copy!

It's "The Complete Medicinal Herbal" by Penelope Ody. I recommend it to anyone who's just getting into natural and herbal medicine and for the veteran herbologist alike. It's set up nicely, easy to read and understand and has an excellent index.

I have this little dream of having a beautiful, fragrant herb garden someday.

Week 9 has been going fairly well. I'm very tired, I suffer insomnia and frequent trips to the bathroom and bouts of nausea. Thank God! While it's bothersome to be incapacitated, I'm happy to know it's a great sign that all is well with my developing little one.

I'm also doubly tired because I was up most of the night with Bubby. He's sick with a slight fever, cough and he threw up yesterday. I've got him on rest, bland foods and plenty of fluids. He's doing well. No more throwing up, the cough is only occassional, but he still feels warm and his skin looks a little mottled. His appetite is better, though.

Oh! The other day when Bubby and I walked up to the farm, I found bittersweet vines not too far from my yard! I won't be able to gather any this year, but it's nice to know it's there. Perhaps next year I can use it for autumn decoration.



Comments

Elisabeth Black said…
So sorry your boy is sick. I was up quite a bit last night myself!

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...