Saturday, October 08, 2005

Autumn has arrived...let's have some soup

With rain, wind and chilly temperatures, autumn has finally arrived. Thankfully, the Lord has provided us with this cozy little cottage. I also felt a wave of peace today as I thought about paying the first heating bill. I'm sure we can afford it. God ALWAYS provides!

Hubby wanted soup tonight, so I made a homemade chicken soup with dumplings. I'm a fluffy dumpling maniac! Perhaps I'll post the recipe in my Cottage Kitchen blog. But not tonight. I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Pinkology said...

Hi there, my name's Amanda. I'm enjoying your blog. Folks always know that fall has arrived at our house when I make the first pot of chili soup (a family favorite) and some jars of pumpkin butter which I'll start on this week. And even though it is fall, I had to turn my air conditioning back on at the request of my husband. I live at the beach and it gets quite humid here!

Julie said...

I completly forgot about the Cottage Kitchen blog!! I was so excited when you came back to this blog.
Can I live my autumn vicariously through you? Right now Im sitting here in bare sleeves with the AIR still going...Florida..where the sunshine stays on! :)