Monday, December 12, 2011

Oils for Teeth

This weekend I woke up to a toothache. In between two of my bottom right molars it hurts. I'm not sure if it is a cavity in one of the molars, or the gums are infected. Until a see a dentist, I'm trying some at home remedies.

The first thing I did was begin oil pulling. Using extra virgin olive oil, I swish and pull it through my teeth. After just one session, the pain went from sharp to a dull ache. I am continuing to oil pull 2-3 times a day.

I'm also making sure I don't eat on that side of my mouth. I'm brushing, flossing, mouthwashing, and hydrogen peroxiding at least twice a day.

So far, the pain is gone unless I touch that area. Pressing on the teeth is just a tiny bit uncomfortable, but when I floss between, it hurts. So I'm stumped. Is it my gums, or an in between the molars, gum line cavity? I guess only the dentist would know.

I am also planning on starting a course of x-factor butter oil and fermented cod liver oil. The Healthy Home Economist was able to heal her son's cavity this way. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Lori Alexander said...

I have horrible teeth like my parents and my children inherited my bad teeth. I read about this protocol that helps heal cavities and prevents them and it works!!! I love it and tell everyone about it. Here is my blog post about it if you are interested ~

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-more-cavities.html

Blessings,
Lori