The Edible Vanity

I'm really hard pressed to continue spending $80.00 or more dollars every 4 months on products for my vanity. On top of that, I'm bothered by the amount of chemicals women so freely slather into their pores. I have gone more natural, but that comes with quite the price tag. In a continuing quest for simplicity, I wondered if there's a simpler way. I have found it in my kitchen!

Makeup Removers! Milk, yogurt, olive oil!
I use rose water as a toner after washing my face (with Scottish Lye Soap).
I use sweet almond oil as my moisturizer. It works great as an after shave lotion, too.
Here's a recipe for Homemade Deodorant using kitchen products. I haven't tried it yet since I still have some of my usual deodorant left.

I've tried the cider vinegar and baking soda no-shampoo before, but I didn't like how it made my hair feel sticky and made it look filthy and twisted into little rat-tail dreadlocks. I may try it again sometime, but for now I'm happy with the infrequent washings I do with the chemical-laden commercial shampoos.

There's also the baking soda toothpaste.

I heard rubbing the white part of an orange or lemon peel on your teeth is supposed to whiten them. I haven't tried it myself. I use hydrogen peroxide.

Speaking of lemons....aren't they supposed to be good for lightening dark spots on the skin?

There's always the sugar scrubs and salt soaks for your bath time.

Can you think of anything else?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...