Homeschool Preparations

I've been mulling over preparations for homeschooling in our little cottage. My son is a very kinetic learner and a bit easily distracted. I've decided that I'm just going to have to move my daughter's play kitchen from the sunny porch to the basement play room and the porch will have to become the exclusive school room. I think having a separate space in the house for the sole purpose of concentrated education will be beneficial for my little man.

I've very nearly decided to give up his roll-top desk and use it as my teacher's desk. He has a hard time concentrating on his work with all those cubbies and drawers drawing his attention away. Also, it's hard for me to peer over his shoulder to and help him. He won't be happy, but it is what it is. Instead, I'm considering either a table or seeing if my neighbor will let me have a school desk out of the old one room schoolhouse on his property.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...