Monday, October 25, 2010

Stocking the Pantry


I usually come away with a well-stocked pantry from my garden, but it just didn't work out this year. Regardless, I want to enter this winter with a well-stocked pantry. Hauling 3 very young kiddos out in the snow, wind and cold to hop from store to store to grocery shop every week is NOT fun. Thankfully, November is a great month to stock a pantry. As the holidays approach, grocery stores have some great sales and bargains to take advantage of!

Are you stocking your pantry? What do you consider absolute essentials?

4 comments:

Mimi said...

This is the first year I've really gotten it all organized and pretty.

Heather said...

I usually stock all kinds of non-perishables but recently found a store delivery place called peapod dot com. THey only deliver in a few areas, but man, it's wonderful! Got our first delivery Sunday and I am soooooo excited not to have to go out in the winter for big stockups! Same with friends that have infants!

Suzanne said...

All my baking supplies and pasta and a few jars of Classico Four Cheese. I keep cans of puree, crushed and paste but when I don't have every thing to make homemade gravy then the jar in a pinch is good. We also buy half a cow and have it butchered to my specifications and the freezer is full this way:-)

Donna said...

Ah you are right!
Even butter will be on sale this month- hopefully!