This post is for wives who's husbands have charged them with tending to the household finances. Some women have strong convictions that only the man should care for the finances, but as Mrs. Pearl points out, we are to obey and submit to our husbands....therefore, if he asks us to take care of finances, please do so. My husband has asked me because he doesn't want to. He believes me to be better at such book-keeping and he trusts me with the money he brings into our home. However, with this added responsibility comes an issue. You see, it is natural for your husband to want to know where the money is going and what you are doing with his paycheck. Especially if money is tight and he doesn't see any reward for his efforts. A wife in charge of finances needs to put together a simple budget and balanced checkbook that she can show her husband frequently so he knows where his hard-earned dollars are going. I am going to show you my method of financial organization. You're f...
Our daughter was born at 7:17 pm, May 27th after only 2 1/2 hours of labor and 10 minutes of pushing! She weighed in at 6lbs 5 ounces and measured at 19 inches long....another little peanut! It was all-natural, baby! No induction, no pitocin, no pain relievers, no episiotomy! All prayers have been answered by the Lord except for her nursing ability. She's not a very good nurser, though she was a champ just after she was born. She's getting better, though and I continue in prayer that she improves. I pray that when my milk comes in, she'll be a great nurser. I'm also in prayer about her jaundice. Right now, it's not bad at all, but I learned with Bubby how quickly that can change, especially with her not being a good nurser. The picture above was taken yesterday. That's me and my son and daughter. Poor hubby's not in the picture because he wasn't at the hospital at that time. He was there earlier, but I sent him home to get some rest and some ...
(The recipe makes more than this, but we've already eaten a bunch by the time I just grabbed the jar and snapped a picture!) 1/4 cup organic unrefined sugar (I used Florida Crystals) Approx. 1/2 cup organic brown sugar 1/2 cup organic almond butter 1 egg 1 stick butter, melted 1 cup organic buckwheat flour 1/3 tsp aluminum free baking powder 1/3 tsp baking soda 1/3 tsp salt 1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut Enough coconut flour to make a good cookie dough...I think approx. 1/4 - 1/3 cup Cream almond butter, butter and sugars together. Blend in egg well. Mix together with buckwheat flour, powder, soda and salt. Stir in shredded coconut, then blend in coconut flour until you have a good cookie dough. You should be able to form balls without the dough being too sticky or too dry. Form into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 5-10 minutes. Keep in mind that I'm guessing a little on the...
Comments