Gluten-Free Almond Butter Coconut Cookies

(The recipe makes more than this, but we've already eaten a bunch by the time I just grabbed the jar and snapped a picture!)

1/4 cup organic unrefined sugar (I used Florida Crystals)
Approx. 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup organic almond butter
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/3 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Enough coconut flour to make a good cookie dough...I think approx. 1/4 - 1/3 cup

Cream almond butter, butter and sugars together.  Blend in egg well.  Mix together with buckwheat flour, powder, soda and salt.  Stir in shredded coconut, then blend in coconut flour until you have a good cookie dough.  You should be able to form balls without the dough being too sticky or too dry.  Form into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 5-10 minutes.

Keep in mind that I'm guessing a little on the measurements because I don't always measure.  I kind of just eyeball it a lot.  I'm also guessing on baking time because I go by smell (my oven doesn't have a timer, or even an oven light or door window!) and my oven is small, so it tends to bake things a little more quickly than average sized ovens.

I'll try to post a picture in the near future.

I'm fairly ignorant on what is truly, I mean TRULY gluten-free, so if any of the ingredients aren't truly gluten-free, then please let me know.  If you need it casein or dairy-free, you could try substituting the butter for coconut oil, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know how they'd turn out.

PS....this recipe is copyrighted by me.  Do not copy without permission.  Feel free to pin it or link to it on facebook, but please don't steal it and submit it as your own recipe.  Thanks!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This sounds wonderful! We are a gluten free household but we are also dairy and egg free as well so I'll try egg replacer as well as coconut oil instead of the butter and egg.

Can you tell me where you find coconut flour?
Kate said…
I bought the coconut flour through amazon.com. Swansonvitamins.com might have it. I am respectfully curious as to why you are egg free. Allergies, personal choice, religious belief, health concerns?
Anonymous said…
Hi Kate, thanks for the reply.

I actually have a whole slew of allergies: gluten (yeast, barley, malt...), dairy, egg, chicken, turkey, tuna

My youngest also has a dairy and egg allergy as well.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...