Vanilla Pears, Moving Furniture, Etc.



I’m heading to a local farm to pick up a half bushel of pears to turn into vanilla pears to can. I’ve never done vanilla pears before, but I have eaten them and they are so delicious!
Today, I canned applesauce.
I’m thinking about furniture rearranging. Now that the weather is getting cooler, my enclosed porch won’t be of much use unless it’s a sunny afternoon. (Someday we’ll insulate and heat it.) I’m thinking of moving my writing desk into the bedroom. That’ll give room for the chiffarobe come Christmas time when it has to be removed from the corner of the living room to make room for the Christmas tree.
I’m still wondering about where to put the children’s reading area. My brother is making the kiddos a toddler sized bunk bed which will free up space in their bedroom. Hmmmmm….
Of course, I can’t think about furniture without thinking about NEW furniture…a flat-paneled TV and a new cabinet to house it. I’m still wondering how in the world I could fit a piano into this little house!! It would help a little if we didn’t have those big vintage radiators under nearly every window! While I like them for their vintage charm, they do occupy space I would gladly use.
I also had to go boggle my mind with thoughts of built in cabinetry in the dining room! I’m looney, I know. Floor to ceiling bookcases and a built in china cabinet/hutch would be lovely. Of course, I can’t put in built in bookcases against the same wall that would be shared with the piano on the opposite side…too much weight. Hmmmm…..
And don’t even get me started on the electric or gel-fired fireplace(s)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...