Smells



Mice.
I like mice. I think they’re cute. They just don’t belong in my house! Living in the country, we have many mice. We have so many mice that we have plenty of hawks who find them easy pickings.
Unfortunately, when these little creatures find refuge in my house they start leaving their droppings everywhere and making plenty of noise in the attic at 2 in the morning. They’re smart, too. Live traps and even the good old fashioned mouse traps are left untouched. Hubby gets poison. The problem with the poison is that the mice then decide to make the inside of the wall their final resting place. For two weeks it stinks!
A simmering of whole cloves and cinnamon sticks helps cover the scent and “purify” the air.
The next step is peppermint. A friend of mine let me know that an 18th century way of getting rid of mice is to put peppermint throughout your house. I have peppermint growing like crazy in my garden. I’m going to give it a try. She says it works well and makes your house smell nice, too. I’m also wondering if I should plant peppermint around the base of my house! Ooooohhhh…..imagine the smell when hubby mows it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...