Studying Tasha Tudor



I’m fascinated by Tasha Tudor lately and not for her 1830’s lifestyle or simplicity (which is anything but simple). I am fascinated by her ability to fit so much into her existance and live such a joyful, peaceful life.
The dear woman had 4 children and lived without electricity and plumbing! I have 2 children and most modern conveniences and I still try to live simply and half the time I’m ready to pull my hair out!!
I really want to know how she did it. I’m assuming that she was smart enough during her children’s early years that she didn’t embark on too many projects and kept things as easy as possible. I’m also guessing she kept things like daily meals simple. I adore cooking and am guilty of too often making meals that take anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to prepare! Lately, I’ve taken to enjoying slow-simmered soups and stews at least once a week. We’re not big casserole and crockpot fans. My toddlers’ taste buds don’t like things that contain too many flavors at once. I’m not fan of so many casserole recipes that contain processed ingredients. Hubby and I don’t care for the taste and texture of many crockpot recipes. I digress….
Tasha Tudor said to “take joy.” I’m doing that. In the meantime, I’m gathering every bit of Tasha Tudor media I can find and studying her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...