This and That

I have a confession to make. I look forward to my kiddos going to bed and I don't feel guilty about it because I look forward to seeing them in the morning. I've read a few things here and there online that if you look forward to your kiddos going to bed, then there's something wrong and selfish about you. That's laughable. What's so wrong with looking forward to tucking my wee ones in bed, praying over them, reading them a story or singing a lullaby? What's so wrong with looking forward to a little downtime before hitting the sack? What's so wrong with looking forward to spending the rest of the evening with hubby? I don't love my children any less because I like the 2 hours between their bedtime and mine. I like the time I spend with them, too. I even miss them soon after putting them to bed. One of my favorite things to do is check on them before I turn in and just admire their beautiful, sleeping faces and thank God for them. So, yeah, I do look forward to them going to bed.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I turned my secretary desk into a "kitchen" for my re-enacting camp. I sawed off the top of it and fitted an oak plank as my cutting board counter top for it. Now, it's perfect for a camp "kitchen!" I also repainted and covered the cushion for the wicker loveseat I picked up off the side of the road for free! It looks so nice now!

Today, my son and I planted flowers and herbs and I thinned out my radishes. I used the thinned baby radishes in a spinach and radish salad for supper. I'm not terribly fond of radishes, but smothered in balsamic vinegar....

Well, I better get off this computer. I have to make a petticoat for my sister and I'd like to finish it tonight!

Comments

I look forward to my kids going to bed too, even though I do like them. No guilt here.
I'm looking forward to planting herbs this year for the first time. Yay!
Julie said…
Not only do my kids have a pretty strict bedtime, but I also have at least one hour of quiet time during the day. This is when everyone grabs a book and finds a quiet place to lay down. It gives mom a chance to recharge as well.
I love my kids!
No guilt here. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...