All Sorts

We're moving forward. It is amazing how quickly life goes on. We're at peace because we know our baby is taken care of. So, we focus on the blessings we have here and now and move forward.

One of our forward steps is health and weight loss. We're both joining forces and losing those few pounds we have. Starting just yesterday, I resumed my morning exercises. Of course, still recovering physically, I did mostly upper body and seating or laying down exercises. I only worked my upper abs rather than all of my abs. Today, I feel better and worked just a little harder at my routine. I still had to take it easy. Jumping hurts and so do lower ab work-outs, so I kept it simple and flowing.

While still touching the topic of miscarriage, I want to give some advice to those who might have someone close to them miscarry some day. (Thanks to all the ladies who left me beautiful prayers and comforting words to me through this blog.) The experts give a list of things not to say to a woman who miscarries. I've read the list and find that none of those sayings bother me. The ONE thing that bothers me after I miscarry are the well-meaning people who speculate as to why I've miscarried. 9 times out of 10, it's a blame on me in a round-about way. "Maybe you shouldn't have drunk the raw milk." "You shouldn't have put wood in the furnace." "You shouldn't have gotten pregnant so soon after giving birth." Whatever they may say. The doctor says it wasn't my fault. There was nothing that could have been done either way. It's just one of those things that happens in a fallen world. Never, ever speculate to a woman who's just miscarried as to why it happened. That is the biggest slap in the face and the most salt in the wound you could inflict.

Now onto something completely different. We had duck today! I never cooked duck before. I roasted it and it was delicious!! I'm sold on duck now. Besides that, it makes a great broth. The gizzards are great ground up and mixed with ground beef. You can render the fat and crisp the skin into cracklings that are better than bacon. Save the fat and use it to fry up some potatoes and YUM! If you think all this is unhealthy, then read Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and find out differently.

Comments

Unknown said…
You are so right in telling people to never speculate on what causes a miscarriage. My youngest daughter had her first miscarriage at 16 years old. She has had 4 or 5 since that time, and is now about 5 to 5 1/2 months pregnant, with what we hope will be a living baby. All is well so far. She is 21 now. The doctor she saw last month has already told her to expect to have a C-Section because of the previous miscarriages, she will not be able to give birth normally. She also will not get as big as other women and the baby will be small.

I pray you have an easy recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...