I can't think of a title

Hubby and I went out on a date on Saturday. We saw the Pirates movie. BIG cliff-hanger ending!

Otherwise, it's been a fairly peaceful existance other than last night. At 10:30 pm, my husband was getting in and out of bed. I asked him what was wrong and he said that a storm was coming and he wanted to the tent down outside. So, I said we could run outside and take it down, but he was worried about leaving our son in the house. (What a sweet, caring man I have!) I reassured him that our son was sound asleep and that we could have the tent down in 5 minutes.

So, we ran outside and I realized that the storm wasn't coming. It was already here!! The lightening was fantastic and frightening. I dislike electric storms, and I dislike them more at night and I hate being outside during one. In my growing panic, I was pulling the heavy beams that hold the ridge pole up (this is a rather large 18th century reproduction tent) and I stumbled a little and dropped the pole right on top of my foot. Well, today I can hardly walk.

I couldn't last night. I stayed up with my son asleep in my arms reading the book "Kateri of the Mohawks."

ladyscott

Comments

Anonymous said…
ooh! that sounds painful. we have tent like that, once when we were camping a strong wind came up and nearly blew the ridgepole over (we had divided the interior by attaching canvas to the two main posts, which made a big kite)
we were scrambling around taking down canvas, re-pounding stakes, pulling ropes tight. Thankfully it was a full moon so we could see without lighting lamps. the kids woke up the next morning and wondered why the "bedroom walls" were gone. they had slept through all the commotion.
Hope you heal quickly
Mrs. Nehemiah

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...