Monday, October 08, 2012

It Arrives Tomorrow!


Lifesmart 1000

Two things I wanted for my cottage, but never thought I'd be able to get were a piano and a fireplace.  Last year, I got the piano - an old, beater of a spinet I bought on craigslist for $50.  This year, I am getting my fireplace!  I just had to wait for technology.

I've had my eye on electric fireplaces for a few years now, but I couldn't justify the non-necessity and expense of them.  This year, though, we had a need for a heater for the school room.  I heard nothing but good about infrared heat.  Lo and behold, I see that they make infrared fireplaces that heat just as well as the less asthetic boxed heaters and cost around the same.  I found the Lifesmart on Walmart.com, and read the reviews...good reviews.  Even better, I found the same unit on Overstock.com for cheaper than Walmart and free shipping to my house!!

It comes with casters so I can move it about the house where needed.  It heats up to 1000 square feet, which is perfect for my little cottage.  And tomorrow it arrives!  Pics to come soon!

1 comment:

Mrs. V. said...

That's wonderful! Those are so pretty. I'm also very excited because I am getting ready to realize a long held dream of getting a wood stove. I have wanted one for so long and it looks like I will have one installed either this week or next. I'll even be able to use the top as a cook surface! We'll both be doing happy dances, lol!