Emergency Prep.

Emergency Preparations have been on my mind lately. They're a reoccuring thought when one lives in the great Northeast. Winters can be unforgiving at times. I would love love love to find a small cast iron wood cookstove. My father found one at a garage sale for $25.00, but he didn't buy it and he didn't tell me until a few days later. AUGH!! I'd have put it in my basement so we could have heat and be able to cook should the power go out.

A great source for emergency preparedness supplies is Sportsmans Guide. You can get stuff like MREs, camping equipment, battery-less radios and flashlights, etc.

Comments

Anna said…
You might enjoy reading the following:

Better Times Webzine
Dawn said…
Lehmans has wood stoves...don't know how much you would be willing to spend on one though..

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=671&iMainCat=671&iSubCat=671

It is good to prepare if one lives in a state with brutal winters. I remember when my dad was alive, he lived in Indiana and he got snowed in with no electricity for 66 hours! I didn't know anything about it till he called and told me. Wow!

Have a safe and enjoyabloe weekend! God Bless!

~Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...