My Porch

I'm sorry, I don't have a digital camera available to me and I have no computer. I have to use my father's computer, so I can only paint you a picture with words.

I have a lovely 3 seasons porch on Taigh Beag. Now, for those of you who may not know what that is, in the north country where I live, a 3 seasons porch is an enclosed porch one can use in Spring, Summer and Fall, but is just too cold in winter. Up until now, the porch was either a place of business or a storage room. But now, it's a haven for my little family that cost me less than $30.00 to transform this week!

First of all, the porch is around 6 by 12 or 14 feet (can't recall exactly). It has 3 large windows, a door to the outside, a door to the living room, and a small walk-in closet (this is where I keep my wardrobe because the master bedroom closet is miniscule). The walls are a lovely knotty pine! Such a warm, cabin-y feeling, I just HAD to live in it.

So, I pulled out an old rope bed I had in the shed and covered it was a foam and ticking pallat I made from foam rolls I bought at Walmart in the craft department and ticking I had laying around the house. I now have a home for all those wool plaid blankets I keep getting for Christmas! Then, next to the bed, I placed the backgammon table. At the foot of the bed, against the wall, I have a bookcase full of my magazines (issues of Victoria, Cottage Living, Colonial Homes, Reiman Publications, pregnany magazines and Country Living) I also have two milk containers that hold bird seed and animal feed for my local wildlife.

It's soooo cozy out there now, and my son loves it. We sit on the bed together, and he plays with his toys while I work on a cross-stitch I'm making for my father-in-law.

As I find time and materials, I'm going to make some pillows for out there, too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a good porch for sitting on and enjoying life! Michelle ozark crafter

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...