Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House


Hubby bought me a DVD collection of Cary Grant films for Christmas.  The best part was the set contained one of my favorites, The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, and it had other Cary Grant movies I've never seen.  One of them was Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

I was busy attempting post-Christmas clean up around the house when hubby popped the movie in after a long morning of snow removal.  He started laughing soon after the movie started and asked me to come in and watch it with him.  Soon enough I was laughing right along with him.

"Honey, it's like watching us," I exclaimed!

The beginning of the movie shows Mr. and Mrs. Blandings in their cramped NYC apartment and how they go about their morning routine from sharing oddly organized drawer and closet space to a complete lack of privacy in the bathroom to shimmying around people and furniture just trying to move about.  We recognized the same thing with us and our little cottage and laughed right along, embracing each other in the familiarity of it all.  It certainly is cozy, snug, and yes, cramped.  Would we have it any other way?  Yes!  Preferably something a little bigger!  But, we fondly endure what we have and the creativity it takes to live here.  Small living has its perks.  One of them being ample opportunities for impromptu embraces.  We can't help but run into each other!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...