So Far On My Summer Reading List

I actually have a summer reading list this year!  I haven't sat down and read books in a long time, except children's books.  Having a nursing baby affords me some time to just curl up while he's eating and easily read off of the Kindle on my smart phone!  It's easier than holding a book, which I haven't quite mastered while nursing.

Here's what I have so far:


Grade Leads Me Home by Marlene C. Miller is a true story about a woman who was a cheerleader and head majorette, but became Amish after she gave her life over to Christ.

Married Mom, Solo Parent by Carla Anne Coroy is a great book helping women who find themselves married, but parenting alone.  Thankfully, my husband is an involved father, but his job does take him away from home frequently, hence why I got this book.


Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin is a book I'm eager to read.  I did wind up buying it in actual book form since I could get it cheaper than the kindle edition.  This book is about a dog that was used as bait in a fighting dog ring.  My own dog was used as bait in a fighting dog ring.  Thankfully, my dog wasn't nearly as damaged as Oogy.  She had some scars around her eyes, some bite marks around her hips and the last few inches of her tail was kinked a little and had no sensation for a while.  She's regained feeling in her tail tip.  We found out when I accidentally stepped on it with shoes on.  Boy, did she get lots of coddling after I did that!
That's all I've got so far.  Any recommendations? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...