Pollyanna Point of View

Yesterday, my oven sat stone cold.  The baking element needs to be replaced.  I was ready to throw in the towel and have a good little fit about it because I had been baking our bread regularly and planned out a week of meals, many of which need an oven.  I didn't know the oven was broken until AFTER I went grocery shopping, so I had no store-bought bread and plenty of ingredients for oven meals.

But, I decided to try to play Pollyanna about it.  I came up with:

1. I get to experiment with baking bread on the stove top.

2. I have an excuse to clean behind, around and under the stove when we pull it out.

3. Hubby has an excuse to patch up the mouse hole behind the stove.  Yes, we literally have a real mouse hole in the wall like in the cartoons...not so arched, but close enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...