A Little Confession....


I am not good with children.

Ok, let me rephrase that.  I am not good with other people's children.  Never really have been.

I had the thought today that simply because I have mothered 4 children, it is assumed that one day I will take on a teaching role in children's church.  It is also assumed that I am good with children.  I must be to mother 4 children, after all.  Frankly, unless the Lord calls me to teach children's church, I'm not volunteering any time soon!

Sure, I've learned a few tricks of the trade during the 7 years I've been a mother so far, but I'm really not sure I can handle a classroom, playgroup, or other such entourage of children who are not my own...at least not without a helping hand...preferably from someone who's good with children.

Maybe I just need a little more practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...