After Christmas Plans

I had a very nice Christmas, but now that it is over my brain really goes into housekeeping overdrive. I love how the house feels so much more open after the tree and decorations come down. Also, the days are slowly getting longer and January is usually a fairly sunny month. Those things combined really inspire me to freshen up the house. It's also a good time of year to do house-freshening because Spring, Summer and Fall are all busy months out of doors with little time to do much indoors beyond basic cleaning.

My mother and I are already putting our heads together for repainting several rooms. The living room will look so much better with a fresh coat of paint. I've been dying to repaint the master bedroom for years, but haven't really settled on a color.

Add 2nd trimester nesting insticts kicking in full gear, and this house will be a candidate for an HGTV makeover! Maybe I can do before and after pictures for my readers!

For now, I'm just going to relax after a busy Christmas, finish up the cookies, trip over the kiddos' new toys and enjoy planning from the comfort of my couch.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...