October Goals


I am here.  I am alive, I promise!  I went through a bit of a funk and had some adjusting to do.  We started homeschooling for the year in August.  We've finally settled into a routine and the Autumn air feels so freeing as opposed to the oppressive humidity of August.

Feeling renewed and refreshed in so many ways, I would like to set some goals for myself for October and I thought I'd share them with you:

1. Stress LESS!   I let stress get the better of me this summer and stressed about things I didn't really have to.  So now, I am going to make a concentrated effort to NOT stress.

2. Exercise!  I am joining my cousin's Beachbody Challenge Group for October.  I'm  not looking to lose weight, but I would like to keep my blood flowing as the temperature chills.  Plus, it's just so good for you!

3.  More homemade!  The cooler weather means I can return to a meaningful relationship with my oven!  There's nothing like homemade foods.  But, I am also adding homemade household and beauty products to the list.  By the way, my homemade make-up foundation effort was a fail and I can't seem to find a homemade product or method to successfully wash my hair!

4.  Less Waste!  I purchased The Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson (blog in sidebar) and it is full of inspiration for reducing waste.  While I will probably never be able to be as successful or zealous (I mean that in a good way) as Ms. Johnson, I like to work towards a greater goal.

5.  More time with kiddos, less time online!  (As I write this on an online blog...doesn't that irony annoy you?  All those blog posts and tweets and facebook updates condemning being online....)  Actually, I am increasing my online involvement.  I recently started a facebook page for local cottage industries, but I plan on spending less time wallowing online...you know, aimlessly surfing, mindlessly scrolling through facebook, getting sucked into message boards and newsfeed comments....

6.  Hobbies!  I told hubby, recently, that I miss my hobbies.  I'm so busy with so  much, I miss those times I had sewing, drawing, singing, knitting, painting.  Hopefully, as our youngest gets older and more independent, and as I continue to purge and organize our little home, I can start dabbling again.

7.  Planning!  The back of my mind is filled with ideas for the spring!  We had no animals or garden this year, and next year I want to make up for it!  If we don't choose the travel trailer plan this spring, I would like to start a micro farm on our 1/2 acre.  Why wait for the farm we dream of?  We have a slice of God's creation!  Let's use every square inch of it for something (without overcrowding, of course!).

Do you have Autumn goals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...