That Pesky Junk Drawer



In a small kitchen, precious real estate shouldn't be taken up by items that better belong in a garage or workshop.  We had one of those junk drawers.  The kind where anything and everything gets thrown in there just to get out of the way.  Instead, I moved an old, clunky dresser to my basement to use as the ultimate junk drawer.  4 drawers worth!!  Now, I have a space for vacuum attachments, extra cords and power strips, paint supplies, and the junk drawer.

Some would wonder why I don't just eliminate the junk drawer completely.  I don't because we actually do use and reuse items.  It is a revolving junk drawer and not a static one, therefore it is useful.


As for my new and improved kitchen drawer, you might look at it and just say, "well, now it is a cute and organized junk drawer of a different sort!"  Indeed, I suppose it is.  But, it better organizes and eliminates several other drawers used in various furnishings and accessories around the kitchen, reducing clutter.  I would love one main desk for such purposes, but with 5 other people in the house, a business, and homeschooling, I just don't have the space for one right now.  This'll do for now, especially since the kitchen is my hub, my epicenter, my office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...