Reflections on Cottage Renovations

Nothing says cottage more hand-me-downs and homemade.

Cottages, by necessity, are small, simple structures meant as a cozy and inexpensive living space for the working class or vacationing middle class.  Historically, they were furnished with second hand pieces and maintained with DIY projects.  I'm keeping this in mind as I redo my kitchen, firstly, out of true cottage necessity, and secondly, as a sort of fun treasure hunt.

I spent my budget last week on paint and a table.  (I'll show the table in a future post.)  Now, I have to wait to obtain the next round of income to utilize.

As I look for furnishings, I've scoured my own possessions first.  Then, I looked locally.  I've found pieces that I'd have to travel for, but decided against spending the gas money and time to do so.  If I can't get it on the cheap locally, I'll just have to do without for the time being.  Any furnishings I get must be under $100.  Preferably under $50.

So far on my kitchen redo, I've spent about $85:  $56 on the table, and the rest on paint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...