The Stuff that Stays

I went through a dark corner under my basement stairs. It is the forgotten area where we shove things we never use, but are reluctant to get rid of. I was able to eliminate somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of the stuff, but it bothers me that I didn't just toss it all. I wouldn't miss it. But, I have to respect where other household members are in their comfort levels in keeping things. And I have to rejoice in what I did get rid of, not focusing on the negative. There is "breathing room" under the stairs, now, which is the goal for our poor basement to reduce dampness, increase airflow, and eliminate mold. Overall, the basement is looking 10x better! I can allow myself to be proud of that, even if there are a few items I am reluctantly holding on to, and areas of other improvements I need to make. I must see what has been done, and not what is left to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...