Fell Short of a Goal

The smallest bedroom in this cottage has the largest closet. Go figure! Inside this closet is my grandmother's cedar hope chest. Inside the chest is my vintage clothing collection. Well, it mostly goes ignored, so I decided to create a goal of getting rid of most of my vintage clothing collection and using the trunk to store my seasonal clothing, thus eliminating two totes in the basement. I did, indeed, get rid of the majority of my vintage clothing collection, but I still had enough to not leave enough room for my seasonal clothing. I was a little disappointed. In order to make it work, I would have to either capsule my seasonal clothes or get rid of all of my vintage clothing. I wasn't willing to do that, but I was really sad that I fell short of my goal! To make it up to myself, I reasoned that I do have room in the trunk for key pieces of memories that I am saving. I can store my kiddos' baby boxes in it as well as some heirloom and special memory baby clothes! I also reminded myself of Dawn's minimizing philosophy (The Minimal Mom on YouTube) of the onion, that is, working in layers. This was my first layer of going through the box. Perhaps in a year or two, I will come to the second layer and get rid of even more! Regardless, I eliminated a lot of clutter, and found homes for items that truly matter to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...