Shopping Differently

I noticed as I shopped various stores and yard sales the past couple of weeks that I am shopping differently now that I've minimized so much. As I see tempting things, I find I'm asking myself, "Do I really want to bring this into my house and find a place for it?" The answer is no. I was offered some vintage pyrex for free, but politely declined. In the past I would have grabbed it as if vintage pyrex were a talisman to the rose-colored joys of mid-century Americana. Today, it just looks like useless clutter. I have some vintage pyrex that I do use. I have enough. I don't need a collection, and I can enjoy what I have without feeling overwhelmed by what I do not. This is very refreshing and I find I can walk through stores and sales more intentionally. It is also freeing in that I don't feel sad about buying or not buying the latest trends or cute thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...