Influencers Who Actually Influenced Me

People have varying opinions about this newish line of work called "Social Media Influencer." I'm sure there is a lot of drivel out there, but there are a lot of influencers who actually do positively influence! Today, I share the ones who influenced me in 2020 and why:

1. Lynette Yoder. Lynette is a Mennonite mom and content creator on YouTube and Instagram who vlogs about homemaking, decorating, and her life and family in Sarasota, FL. She influenced me by being a Christian woman who takes time, money, and energy to create a beautiful home. Having lived under a poverty mindset, I discovered that I attached a level of morality around being so frugal that it felt wrong to actually earn and spend money on fixing up a home, as if God would punish me for doing so. Lynette showed me the value in a beautiful space, in organization, and how it helps not only herself, but her family function and grow well. Because she keeps such a nice home, she is able to be hospitable to others, and has organization and time enough to function and serve outside the home in her community. The Lord has blessed her as she blesses her family, her neighbors, and her community with her talents.

2. Megan Fox, Unlocked: Megan is another Mennonite mom. She lives in Lancaster, PA, with her 2 adorable young children and husband. Megan has influenced me by showing me that you can be firm in your convictions without being judgemental or apologetic towards others. You don't have to prove you are right to anyone, but at the same time you can be confident in your personal choices while also being open-minded. Megan has also showed me that it isn't wrong to create a beautiful home. Nor is it ungodly for a woman/mom to carve time for herself to advance in a money-making line of work, and to be serious about it, seeking growth and development. She's great at showing how to be intentional about where you are at in your life, your week, your day.

3. The Minimal Mom: Dawn has changed my life. Seriously. I had looked into minimizing and minimalism before, but I just didn't "get it." I loved the aestheic and the idea, but I couldn't seem to plug it into my own life, until I started watched The Minimal Mom. Dawn is a mom of 4, like me, and she's very realistic and honest about, well, everything involving family life and minimalism. She does a great job of giving practical advice and even some counseling/therapy that gets to the root of our psychology as we seek to declutter and clean and organize our homes. Dawn helped me get past some guilt and fears I had surrounding getting rid of things. I grew up in a poverty and apocalyptic mindset (thanks conservative dispensationalism *sarcasm*) where it feels sinful to get rid of things "because you might need it and not be able to get it the next time."

4. The Daily Connoisseur: Here is yet another Christian woman (and mom of 4) who keeps a beautiful home, a beautiful self, and works. She also homeschools. Jennifer has influenced me by showing me it is not a bad thing to buy nice clothes (just not a lot, you don't need a lot), take care of yourself, and present yourself well. When we present ourselves well we feel good, and when we feel good, we act better and are better people for the world. She maintains a classic poise that means money wisely spent on a level of care that is neither extravagent nor cheap. Proper self care leads to us being better wives, mothers, career women, and community members, which helps spread a betterment in goodness.

All of these women have helped me adjust some of my ingrained mindsets that were keeping me frozen and locked in to a way of thinking and living that was holding me (and my family) back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...