A New Introduction for the New Year


 

Happy New Year!!

"New Year New You" has never felt like it applied to me as much as it does this New Year.  I just turned 40 years old and, for some reason, it feels like my life didn't just turn a page, but that it closed a book and started a new one.  Throughout the year I'll probably blog about what that means and how it came about, but for this blog post I'm here to reintroduce myself to you.

Hi!  My name is Kate.  I'm 40 years old, a wife of almost 19 years to my Northman, and mother of 4 (3 boys and a girl).  I am a business owner, I work, and I am currently homeschooling all 4 children (thanks to the pandemic).

We live in semi-rural upstate New York.  That means I'm surrounded by farm and woods, but Target is only a short drive away. LOL!  We live in an itty bitty cottage that was built in 1950 on about 1/2 an acre of land in a quiet neighborhood.  Our dear little cottage, named Taigh Beag (pronounced "tie beck," which literally translates from Scottish Gaelic "Little House" but, as I later found out, is colloquial for outhouse or restroom!  Isn't that funny!) is in need of a renovation.  We're hoping this is the year we get to really put a lot of work into her.  She deserves it!

I have way too many hobbies and interests which I've had to pare down and set 99% of them aside so we I can focus on the business, the children, homeschooling, and fixing up Taigh Beag.  Still, that is feeding my creativity and stretching my skillset, so I can't complain in the least!

I'm studying minimalism, organization, house cleaning, simplifying, streamlining, and all those others tips, tricks, and hacks that help a modern house become a modern home - that is, a haven for family and open and welcome to any who may cross the threshold.  Since moving from being a stay-at-home mom to a business woman (even if just part time) I need my house to function better without me.  Plus, I hope to help others with their homes, too, especially people whose circumstances have made it so their house has gotten beyond them.  I've been there.  I want to help others get back on track.

Should you explore my archives and old posts, please know that I am not the same person I was even last year.  I've changed and grown a lot from the 20-something young mom and the 30-something homeschooling mom.  I've changed faiths.  I've changed mindsets.  I've changed attitudes, judgements, and energy.  And I'm very very excited to share them with you!

Happy New Year!!  Welcome to 2021!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...