9 Months into our Two Year Plan

When our oldest turned 14 this past March, I decided to start a 2-year plan. This was a plan of hard work and paying down/off debts and doing DIY fixer upper projects around the house. I didn't make it official because I'm quite used to wrenches being thrown into the gears of my plans, but we, by the grace of God, did better than I thought we would! The two year plan would bring us to our oldest's 16th birthday, which I figured would be another life-changing milestone.

We paid off 3 credit cards and a personal loan.

Our business grew by leaps and bounds.

I hammered out a lot of those little household projects.

I reduced about 30 to 40% of our belongings.

And we have entered into the very real possibility of not only renovating our little cottage, but putting on an addition!!

Thinking about it, I decided it would be a good investment to look into getting a reno done. Hubby has 10 years until he can retire, but I still have 20-25 years. That's plenty of time to pay off a reno mortgage before retirement, and then our house will be repaired, redone, and ready for our golden years.

My short-term plan is to spend January-tax return spending wisely, saving, and paying down our worst debt, our last credit card. Then, when we see what our finances look like after the tax return, I'll contact banks to see what they can do with our remained debt and mortgage, and find out what they'll approve, and what we can afford for renovations.

After, I'll get quotes on a reno of our current square footage, a quote on a small addition, and a quote on a larger addition. Then, we can decided how far into the rabbit hole we want to go with this.

I'm really excited! It would be amazing to have even just a fixed up house, but if we could put on an addition, I would be over the moon with joy and thanksgiving!

God is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...