2020 Goals: Dedication



Have you ever floundered over things because you find them overwhelming and are unsure of which path to take?

This goal piggy-backs on yesterday's goal.  Because I was previously so set in my thought patterns and views, I often found (find) myself frozen or struggling with tasks and decisions.  It has not only hurt me, but hurt my family.

With my new-found corrections of erroneous thoughts and embracing the reality in which I live, I can apply dedication to my life and towards those around me.

Here's an example:

My children struggle in school.  They are not academics.  Smart, but not adept at the requirements of common core curricula.  Usually what happens (and has happened) is I start playing those tapes and gathering my us vs. them arguments.  Instead, I need to look at reality and work with what I have.  Reality is that I cannot homeschool all of them right now.  Reality is that they do have a good school with great teachers.  Reality is that many many great citizens of this country come out of public schools.  We just tend to focus on the problems.  Reality is that the difference to be made isn't in whether I homeschool them or not, but in my DEDICATION within the reality of the current situation.

Therefore, instead of wasting my efforts trying to decide on polarizing solutions, I can redirect my efforts to being dedicated to the education no matter the method.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...