2020 Goals: Betterment



In the 1994 version of Little Women, Jo discusses philosophy with Prof. Bhaer.  She says to him, "It's just that with all of this transcendence comes much emphasis on perfecting oneself......I'm hopelessly flawed."

I've always loved that line because it felt familiar to me.  I related to it.  I'm a hopelessly flawed perfectionist.

Yet, I'm always striving to be better, do better.  I'm always examining myself, mulling around philosophies and observed and practiced experiences seeking to be a better person....and failing or faltering at it most of the time.  Yet, I can't give it up.  I am not discouraged because aren't we all "hopelessly flawed?"

Comments

Ariana W said…
I really enjoyed your blog post.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...