Out with the Old

 

Woman Sweeping Her Home by Jean-François Millet


I've wondered a lot lately if people who go through a tragic, traumatic, or life-changing experience, even a good one for that matter, have this desire to get rid of their old things.  

I had mentioned in a post early this year that I turned 40 and felt like a page had turned.  No, not even  a page -- more like a book closed and I opened a new book.  I won't go into details as to my life circumstances except to say it is not marriage-related.  Hubby and I are still going strong.  But, with this closing of a book I find myself antsy to change so much in my home.  I wouldn't even really mind moving!

I've purged a lot of my wardrobe and bought new.

I'm repainting and looking at new furnishings or arrangements.  

I'm interested in different books.

My previous hobbies feel kind of ho-hum and I'm ready to get rid of all the old "maybe someday" boxes of stuff.

I want to sell almost all of my vintage clothing collection.

I can buy myself a new vehicle next year and I'm feeling a bit edgy in what I might purchase.  

It feels great to change things up.  I don't have to be stuck with the past or with it's stuff.  And the more I purge the more free I feel.  I feel like if I could just get rid of enough and get the house in order I'll have more inside-of-myself space to dedicate to figuring out what I want to do with my very near future.  I'd like to formulate a career plan and go back to college.

Comments

I purchased herpes herbal medicine and received it within 7 days and used it as prescribed, I tested negative within 3 weeks use, do not loose hope to contact him early If you need help meet him on his email address drubarlohome@gmail.com or Whatsapp number +2348119508814

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...