Corona Diaries Day One: Already Feelin' It


I woke up this morning with a headache and already exhausted.


The weekend has taken its toll on me.  This is a good day to ease into our new routine and make sure I take care of myself.  

I took a long shower, had a healthy breakfast, drank my coffee slowly, took my serotonin boosters, and plan to take the day slow and steady.

Don't feel you have to jump right into schedule and schooling.  Sure, work on establishing structure and routine, but do so at ease.  Establish calm and breathing.  Your kiddos are likely to take advantage of the "vacation" they may feel they are getting and push boundaries and be difficult to get you to cave to not doing school work.  Today is a good day to address those issues without doing a full day's schooling. 

It's a good day to be alongside your children as you all adjust.  Watch the educational programming with them.  Cuddle on the couch, or even in bed.  Read together.  Do chores together.  

And it's ok to step away if you need to.  It's ok to take an hour and let them watch Cartoon Network or play Minecraft while you go lay down, regroup, adjust.  

Most of all TURN OFF SOCIAL MEDIA TODAY! You now know schools are closed.  You now know we're in a state of emergency.  You've got everything you currently need to know and don't need to scroll through social media or news outlets.
Just to recap:  A lot of us are starting this week already on a stress level.  The weekend likely did not afford us the rest we needed, and only added to our stress.  So, take it easy on yourself and your household members.  

You got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...