He Knows Me So Well

This past weekend, the children, a friend of mine and I met hubby after work at hotel so we could attend an indoor fair. The drive took 2 1/2 hours in foul weather.

Once we arrived and got into our suite, I thought I was doing well. I wasn't broody or moody. I wasn't quick tempered. I felt happy. But, hubby looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Will you calm down!"

It took my by surprise, because I thought I wasn't tense. But, a quick evaluation of myself and I realized that I WAS. My arms were held stick straight to my sides, elbows locked. My jaw was clenched the way it gets when I'm stressed. My brows were furrowed and I darted about the suite, unable to focus on any particular task.

It took some concentrated effort, but I did manage to calm down. LOL! The problem is that I'm so tense and stressed almost all the time that I don't realize it! Anxiety runs in my family, if it's even at all possible to do so. If it isn't nature, then it's definitely something I picked up while growing up.

So, lately, I've been trying to recognize when I'm stressed and tense. I focus on relaxing. Getting better sleep, exercising in the morning, and cutting out white flour and refined sugars have helped. Reading God's Word and praying through is certainly top on the list. Also, I'm learning to just do or not do and quit worrying about it in self-debate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...