Father's Day Weekend

I had a pretty active weekend.

Saturday, hubby and I went to see the movie "Cars." It was really cute, but I would have enjoyed it more if the little girl behind me stopped talking, kicking my seat and pulling my hair. What was worse was she was sitting on her dad's lap and he did nothing to stop it! That clinched it for me. My children are not going to the movie theatre until they can prove that they can behave through it.

After that, we went to my parents' house where my two older brothers and their wives and children were visiting. It was great seeing all the cousins together again! We had my mom's homemade pizza (YUM!) and just chit-chatted. When we got home, we did some yard work and let the dog play outside. When it was time to come in, I noticed blood on the floor. My dog's mouth was covered in blood, so I checked it out and didn't see any flowing blood. So I threw her in the bathtub and started washing her off. That's when I noticed that the fleshy bit on the back of her forepaw had a huge gash. So, I call my husband in to the bathroom. He examines it, and goes to get the first aid kit while I was the dog. We got her clean and bandaged up, and she proceeded to bite the bandage off. It had stopped bleeding, so we let her go.

In the middle of the night, it started bleeding again, but we didn't know until morning when I saw her blanket was covered in blood. So, I bandage her up this time. That lasted longer, but she bled through. Thankfully, our neighbor had bandages and ointment used for horses and cows. Hubby got her re-bandaged, and she's doing much better.

This is now Sunday.

Father's Day was a busy one. I took hubby out to breakfast and we spent the late morning doing yard work. Bubby was extra fussy yesterday, so I was constantly back and forth tending him. We had hamburgers, pasta salad, asparagus for hubby and cucumber/carrot/tomato salad for me for dinner. By the evening, hubby had fallen asleep in his recliner with the book he's reading, "The Turk, The Life and Times of the Famous 18th Century Chess Playing Machine" by Tom Standage. I cleaned up as best I could while tending to my little man.

Busy, but a good weekend!

I am so thankful for my husband. He's a wonderful husband, father, provider and friend.

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...